So I'm trying to be loyal to this whole blogging thing but I just am not creative and really can't think of topics to expound on. So I stole an idea from Aundrea's blog and modified it from 100 things about me to 10 things about me (seems a little overwhelming to try to figure out 100 things about little ol' me.) So here goes...
1. I was named after my dad's foster sister-Joann Hunt ( I actually think she spells it differently). My dad was really big on foster children. He had foster brothers and sisters growing up. I also had over 50 foster brothers and sisters at different times in our home. Everyone deserves the opportunity to be loved!
2. I am half hawaiian (well as far as they have traced the geneolgy back) and half mutt-sorry mom. I think we have english and irish and about 10 generations back- a little bit of mohawk indian from the state of New York.
3. I grew up mainly on the Navajo Reservation and loved every minute of it! Ya'ate'eh (translation-Hello)
4. I got in a fight with some kids from Monticello when Iwas in 7th grade because they were calling my Navajo friends mean and racist things. I probably thought I was Navajo then.
5. I've had stitches 5 times and beautiful model legs-NOT!
6. I love to laugh even though my personality doesn't let me sometimes. My husband's family plays this game called Make Me Laugh (MML). There is a person in the middle of the group. He/she has to try to make the others laugh. You can't even show teeth so I guess it should be called-make me smile. Anyway, he (Jay) is the king of the game! I don't laugh at him much during our everyday lives but get us in a MML game and I laugh uncontrollably accompanied by tears. He has a couple of characters-Jose and pantalones, Karate Kid, and Building Inspector. If you have a chance to play it with him you will die laughing! Remember when I thought I was Navajo? Well, it's carried over into my adulthood...I have a special character named Navajo Nita.
7. I love to clean but you wouldn't be able to tell when you come to my home lately. When my kids were young and I didn't work outside the home my house was spotless. I vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned bathrooms daily. Now that life has progressed and I work, my house seems to be a little more neglected-but when I have the time and energy, I love to clean.
8. I love to eat! I remember a time when my family thought I had an eating disorder...wish they still thought that! I think I ate my first steak in college and loved it! I first ate shrimp about 6 years ago-love it! Hence the lack of my family thinking I have an eating disorder.
9. My junior year in high school I was the student body vice president, my sister was the president, my best friend and foster sister was the treasurer and my dad was the principal. Is that a monopoly or what?
10. I hate (excuse me-"don't like" as dad would say) fish and milk! Both cause an involuntary muscle spasm that makes me to upchuck. In second grade I distinctly remember the mean old lunch lady make me drink my milk. I told her that I would throw up and she said, "drink it." Guess what? The spasm happened and she never made me drink it again!
So there it is-me in a nutshell.